||PathFinder Source-Level Debugger for Embedded Microprocessor Development
PathFinder Source Debugger is the user Interface for all Ashling Emulator and Simulator products, including the Ashling Vitra, Genia, Opella and Ultra Emulators. PathFinder supports a wide range of 8-, 16- and 32-bit processor architectures. The highly modular PathFinder debugger can be easily configured to support different targets including Emulators, Evaluation Boards, Onchip Debug Interfaces and Instruction-Set Simulation Models. In addition, PathFinder supports simultaneous debugging of both Multi-core systems (Systems on Chip) and Co-processors.
Ashling's PATHFINDER Source-Level Debugger features multiple user-configurable windows, point-and-click, drag-and-drop, hover help and hover data display, splitter windows, menu-bar, button, hot-key and script (macro)-file controls. PathFinder runs on all 32-bit versions of Windows, including Windows9x, 2000, Me, NT, XP
Variables that have changed since the previous halt are shown in Red. Full scope is shown for all variables (in this case all variables are local to the function WriteToDevice() in the module controlr).
- Variables that have changed since the previous halt are shown in Red. Full scope is shown for all variables (in this case all variables are local to the function WriteToDevice() in the module controlr).
- Operates under all 32-bit versions of WindowsTM
- Full C and Assembler Source Level debug support
- Full C expression handling support
- Non-intrusive 'On-the-Fly' Variable and Memory viewing during program execution
- Supports all popular C compilers, including Cosmic, Diab Data (Wind River), Green Hills, GNU, High-tec, IAR, Keil, MetaWare, Metroworks and Tasking
- Support for all standard industry file formats (object formats) including COFF, DWARF, ELF, IEEE695 and OMF
- Automatic update and synchronization of all windows after halt from program execution
- Code Browser window allows rapid browsing of loaded program, showing all modules and functions.
- Full run-time control features including: single step, step over, step into, step out of (current function), go and halt.
- Support for software and hardware breakpoints and watchpoints
- Windows for on-chip RAM, external data memory, SFRs, CPU status and Co-processor status
- Full Multi-core and Co-processor debugging support
- All changed Memory and Variable values are highlighted when the program halts
- 'Splitter' windows allow you to open up to four distinct views (panes) within a single window.
- Drag & Drop Support (drag a variable from the Source Window to the Variable Window)
- Hover Data Display
- Right mouse button pop-up context menu support for all windows
- Powerful C-like script (macro) language to control, monitor and log all emulator functions, for automatic testing of software and hardware.
In PathFinder's Source window, you can position the mouse pointer (not shown) over the variable szLocalString to automatically open a pop-up window showing the current value of szLocalString.
- In PathFinder's Source window, you can position the mouse pointer (not shown) over the variable szLocalString to automatically open a pop-up window showing the current value of szLocalString.
- Record mode allows automatic generation of scripts
- Most Recently Used (MRU) file list
- RTOS debugging support using the using the Kernel Debug Interface (KDI) standard. Allows debug support for third party or 'in-house developed' Operating Systems.
- Full support for Trigger and Trace including Bus Trace window (shows low-level 'bus' view) and Code Trace window (shows traced code as C or Assembler)
- Integrated Support for Ashling Software Quality Assurance tools including the STARS Performance Analyzer and CODESCAN Code Coverage System
- Ethernet, USB and RS232 connections to host PC
PathFinder Order Codes
PathFinder is available for all Ashling Emulators. For order codes and detailed specifications, please refer to the appropriate Ashling Emulator datasheet.