||PathFinder-XD Source Level Debugger
Eclipse based debugger software supports all third party C/C++ compilers, has target flash programming support for a broad range of devices, multiple user-configurable windows, Embedded Linux debugging support and a built-in script language. PathFinder-XD runs on Linux x86 and Windows™ XP/Vista/7 hosts.
PathFinder-XD Source Debugger
PathFinder-XD Eclipse based source-level debugger for application development runs on Linux x86 and Windows™ XP/Vista/7 hosts.
- C++, C and Assembly source level debug for C/C++ compilers which adhere to the ELF/DWARF binary standards
- Support for hardware (flash/ROM based) and software (RAM based) breakpoints and watchpoints
- Thread aware breakpoints
- Integrated Flash programming (on-chip and external flash) including support for NAND and NOR devices
- The built-in macro language allows automation of debug and software test sequences
- Full target reset control including hard and soft reset
Embedded Linux Debugging
PathFinder-XD supports Embedded Linux Debugging for kernels (based on v2.6 or later) using stop-mode and run-mode debugging techniques.
Debugging is done via the on-chip debug interface using Opella-XD. When a breakpoint occurs the whole system is halted (i.e. kernel and applications). This mode is especially useful for bringing up the kernel.
In run-mode debugging the kernel will continue to run when a process is halted. This mode allows nonintrusive debug of processes.
PathFinder-XD’s Linux support includes:
- Multi-process and multi-thread debugging
- Debugging already inserted modules, Debug a module from init_module(), Debug a running process, Debug a process from main()and Debug shared libraries
- View of active Modules and Processes and easy Browsing of Kernel Structures
PathFinder-XD Software Simulator Support
- PathFinder-XD is supplied with the popular QEMU simulator (www.qemu.org) which allows you to download and run/test/debug your application programs without any target hardware
- QEMU is automatically installed by PathFinder-XD’s SETUP program
- QEMU configuration and invocation is fully integrated into PathFinder-XD and multiple configurations can be created using the integrated Target Manager