||Ashling Development Tools for NXP SmartMX, SmartMX2-P60 and SmartMX2-P40 Smart Card ICs
||SmartICE Tools Overview
Overview Ashling provides a range of tools designed to allow debugging, program-execution analysis, optimisation and validation of applications running on NXP Contact and Contactless smart card ICs SmartMX (P5) and SmartMX2-P60 and SmartMX2-P40 families. The tools include:
- SmartICE hardware emulator for SmartMX and SmartMX-P60 (available in three options)
- SmartPK-P40 hardware prototyping kit for SmartMX-P40 device
- PathFinder ‘C’ and Assembly source-level debugger
- SmartICE Keil uVision4 driver plug-in (allows you to use SmartICE from within the Keil environment)
SmartICE is Ashling's USB2.0 based real-time emulator with full support for:
- Run-time control (program download, execute/halt/step, breakpoints, memory/register access, symbolic (e.g. program variables) access)
- Contact/contactless card-reader interfacing
- Code-coverage which identifies all tested/partially-tested/untested C source statements, functions and modules, and assembly instructions.
- Real-time code execution and data access trace system
- Standalone prototyping (allows application code to be downloaded to on-board SmartICE flash for standalone operation (i.e. no host PC))
SmartICE is controlled via the supplied software running on the host PC. For debugging, both PathFinder and Keil uVision4 driver plug-ins are provided. Prototyping support is provided via the Ashling PKSC software.
is Ashling's USB2.0 based real-time prototyping kit:
After testing and debugging a Smart Card program the designer can download their code to the Ashling SmartPK-P40, and test the code in a fully-functioning Card Reader system; the SmartPK-P40 will behave like the target Smart Card containing the actual ROM-code
- Standalone prototyping which allows
- application code download to on-board SmartPK-P40 memory
- battery-backed, standalone operation
(i.e. no host PC connection required to the SmartPK-P40)
- Contact card-reader interfacing
- full support for Voltage Classes A, B and C
SmartPK-P40 is controlled via the supplied graphical SMARTPK-P40 software running on the host PC and allows:
- Program download (from host PC to SmartPK-P40 memory)
- P40 EEPROM download/upload
- Viewing of P40 device System Version Information
- Viewing/editing of P40 device Configuration
- Exercising of P40 by sending/receiving APDUs
- SMARTPK-P40 provides full command-line support for scripting and unattended test environments
||Trigger/Trace 4M X 128
||PathFinder & Keil uV4 driver
||PathFinder & Keil uV4 driver
SmartCard Probe Connectors
Back of IN-CLA7816USB-CL1
Back of IN-CLA7816USB-CL2
The IN-CLA7816USB-CL1/-CL2 probes support the following smartcard interfaces:
- ISO7816 contact-based (located on the component side)
- Contactless via and an antenna located on the solder side
- The -CL1 Adapter has a full-sized antenna
- The -CL2 Adapter has a half-sized antenna
- USB interface via a USB type B connector
IN-SO28 Adapter containing ZIF SOIC28 socket for use with INCLA7816USB-CL1/-CL2 or IN-GSM probes. Allows testing of SO28 samples.
IN-QFN32 Allows testing of HVQFN samples. Used together with INCLA7816USB-CL1/-CL2 or IN-GSM probes.
IN-PCD-PDM Allows testing of PCM / PDM samples. Used with INCLA7816USB-CL1/-CL2 or IN-GSM probes.
IN-ISO7816 Accepts standard ISO7816 smartcard format. Used with INCLA7816USB-CL1/-CL2 or IN-GSM probes.
IN-MOB4/6 Allows testing of MOB4/6 samples. Used with INCLA7816USB-CL1/-CL2 or IN-GSM probes.
IN-GSM INCLA adapter probe for GSM footprint connection. Connects directly to the 15-pin D-type socket (SmartCard I/F) located on the front-panel of the SmartICE system.
|SmartICE-XPK High-end emulator including trace & code-coverage for NXP SmartMX2 (P6x) or SmartMX (P5) devices. Supplied with Ashling PathFinder debugger and Keil uVision4 drivers.
|SmartICE-EPK Entry-level emulator with run-time control for NXP SmartMX2 (P6x) or SmartMX (P5) devices. Supplied with Ashling PathFinder debugger and Keil uVision4 drivers.
|SmartICE-PK Prototyping kit with support for program download, storage and execution for NXP SmartMX2 (P6x) or SmartMX (P5) devices. Supplied with Ashling PKSC software.
|SmartICE P6x adapter. Converts an existing P5 unit to a P6x.
|SmartICE P5 adapter. Converts an existing P6x unit to a P5.
|SmartPK-P40 ROM Prototyping Kit for P40 devices
|Smart Card Probe with ISO7816 format contacts, contactless antenna and USB (full-size).
|Smart Card Probe with ISO7816 format contacts, contactless antenna and USB (half-size).
|Adapter for SO28 samples containing ZIF SOIC28 socket for use with INCLA7816USB or IN-GSM.
|Adapter for HVQFN32 packaged samples.
|INCLA probe for GSM footprint.
|Adapter for PCM / PDM samples.
|Adapter for MOB4 / MOB6 samples.
|Adapter for ISO7816 SmartCards.
SmartICE is factory-fitted for either NXP SmartMX (P5) or SmartMX2 (P6x) operation. Units may be reconfigured in the field by purchasing the appropriate adapter as outlined above. No software upgrade is necessary.