Software is a key differentiator for today’s automakers. It is critical to implementing the autonomous vehicle, creating the connected car, delivering unique infotainment experiences, and ensuring all-around safety. However, automotive software is becoming increasingly complex in order to meet increasing consumer demands, tighter safety and security requirements, and aggressive cost targets. This can increase production costs and time-to-market, creating a vicious cycle. Also, as system complexity increases, the higher the risk that functions will interfere with each other or that one or more systems will fail.
Ashling has the know-how (35+ years experience) and scalable resources to meet the diverse needs of automotive software developers. Our key points of differentiation are focused engineering expertise, high security awareness and flexibility. We offer support for a broad range of processor cores including ARC®, ARM®, MIPS®, Power Architecture®, RISC-V and Security Controllers.
Ashling is a reliable and trusted developer of complex high performance embedded solutions focused on automotive end-user needs. We adhere to common automotive guidelines and standards, including AUTOSAR and MISRA. We have partnered with many leading automotive companies including Bosch, Delphi, TRW and Valeo to provide a dedicated engineering resource which adds value and reduces time-to-market.
Our engineering team can support a diverse range of embedded automotive applications as follows:
- Secure Gateway
- Engine Control Units
- Body Control Modules
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS)
- Instrument Cluster
- In-Vehicle Networks e.g. Ethernet, CAN, LIN
EMBEDDED SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Software expertise is one of Ashling’s core competencies. Our developers understand the challenges and issues facing embedded software developers in automotive. We offer the following services:
- Application layer software development for instrument clusters, secondary and head-up displays
- Graphical User Interface (HMI) configuration and modelling
- Software development for AUTOSAR MCAL modules
- Low-level development and configuration of drivers
- Embedded systems: bare-metal, RTOS- and OS-based
- Open-source technologies: Linux, GNU toolchain, Eclipse IDE
We complement our software expertise with extensive hardware know-how in the following areas:
- Digital Electronic Design and Analysis
- FPGA design (VHDL)
- Hardware validation and test
- FPGA prototyping