Debug Tools for Synopsys DesignWare® ARC® RISC Processors.
Ashling is an approved Synopsys Ecosystem partner and provides a range of hardware debug probes which support both JTAG Debug and Real-time Trace and are integrated into the MetaWare and GNU ARC Toolchains.
Ultra-XD for ARC Real‑time Trace
Ultra-XD is a powerful high-speed trace and run-time control debug probe for embedded development on Synopsys’ DesignWare ARC configurable RISC cores with the Real-time Trace extensions (RTT). Ultra-XD works with Synopsys’ MetaWare Debugger and IDE (MDB and MIDE) for advanced embedded system debugging and analysis and allows:
- Capture and viewing of program-flow and data-accesses in real-time, non-intrusively
- “Replaying” of captured trace information. Allows you to go back in time and debug from any captured point in the trace history
- Download program from host PC to target embedded system
- Exercise program in target (go, step, halt, breakpoints, interrogate memory, registers and variables)
In the first video you can watch Tom Pennello, Principal R&D Engineer at Synopsys explain how to use Ultra-XD for Trace Capture, Trace Filtering, Program Profiling and Trace Replay for single and multi-core based systems.
In the second video you can watch Hugh O’Keeffe, Ashling VP of Global Engineering presenting the Opella-XD and Ultra-XD for Synopsys ARC Debug and Trace.
©2020 Synopsys, Inc. All rights reserved.
Opella-XD for ARC
Ashling’s Opella-XD is a high-speed cJTAG/JTAG debug probe for embedded development on Synopsys’ DesignWare ARC configurable RISC cores. Developed in cooperation with Synopsys, the Opella-XD probe integrates with the MetaWare Debuggers and IDE (MDB, GDB and MIDE) under Windows or Linux based hosts
Order Code: Opella-XD for ARC
- Supports all Synopsys DesignWare ARC processors including HS, EM, ARC 600 and ARC 700
- Target cJTAG/JTAG clock rates up to 100MHz
- Target voltage range: 0.9V to 3.6V
- Up to 4 MB/s high speed download
- Auto-conditioning for fast cJTAG/JTAG clock frequencies
- Multi-core debugging support
- Hot-plug support for post-mortem debugging
- Supports Flash Programming and FPGA Programming
Ultra-XD for ARC
Ashling’s Ultra-XD is a high-performance real-time trace probe for embedded development and debug on Synopsys’ DesignWare ARC EM and HS processors. Developed in cooperation with Synopsys, the Ultra-XD probe integrates with the MetaWare Debugger and IDE (MDB and MIDE) under Windows or Linux based hosts.
Order Code: Ultra-XD for ARC
- RTT support for Synopsys’ DesignWare ARC EM and HS processors.
- Large trace storage: 4GB on-board trace storage memory in Ultra-XD Trace Probe
- High speed trace capture:
- Parallel trace (up to 16-bits)
- Trace port frequency up to 400MHz DDR (double-data rate)
- Serial Gigabit trace: up to 4 lanes at speeds of up to 6.4Gb/s per lane
- 50-bit, 5ns resolution timestamp generator
- Multi-core trace support
- Automatic configuration for target voltage from 0.4V to 3.6V
- Automatic calibration of trace clock/data skew adjustment
- Supports all ARC™ hardware-debug standards including cJTAG, JTAG and NEXUS (Trace)
- 38-way Mictor target connector support
- Ultra-XD is integrated into the MetaWare IDE providing full hardware-based debug and Real-time Trace (RTT) capabilities
- MetaWare IDE version MWDT J-2014.06 or later is required for Ultra-XD and RTT support