As an NXP certified and approved engineering firm for design and manufacturing of embedded security and authentication in embedded applications, Ashling offers a unique prototyping and development solution for the NXP Smart Card IC’s.
Complete NXP ecosystem
NXP Smart Card ICs
The development of applications and operating-systems for SmartCard microcontrollers can involve substantial amounts of software. Before the ROM code for a SmartCard design is finally diffused in silicon, it is wise to test the code in its target application using a prototype. The SmartPK-P40 provides this functionality and is available with an ISO7816 SmartCard interface.
After testing and debugging a SmartCard program the designer can download their code to the Ashling SmartPK-P40, and test the code in a fully-functioning Card Reader system; SmartPK-P40 will behave like the target SmartCard containing the actual ROM-code.
Real-Time Prototyping Kit for NXP SmartMX2-P40 Smart Card Controller
After testing and debugging a Smart Card program the designer can download code to the Ashling SmartPK-P40, and test the code in a fully-functioning Card Reader system; the SmartPK-P40 will behave like the target Smart Card containing the ROM-code.
- Application code download to SmartPK-P40 memory and P40 EEPROM download/upload
- Exercising of P40 by sending/receiving APDUs
- SmartPK-P40 software user interface on host PC
- Support for scripting and unattended testing sequences
- Battery-backed, standalone operation
- Contact card-reader interfacing: support for Voltage Classes A, B and C
- SmartPK-P40 is controlled via the supplied SmartPK-P40 software running on the host PC
Hardware emulator for NXP SmartMX-P5 and SmartMX2-P60 smart card controllers
- Contact and Contactless probe interface
- Real-time trace capture of code and data
- Code coverage analysis
- Performance analysis for latest SmartMX2-P60
- SmartICE debugger: Keil µVision or PathFinder
The SmartICE Performance Analysis system allows you to monitor software execution in real time non-intrusively. The performance Analysis system enables you to verify software performance and identify program ‘hot-spots’ for performance optimisation.
Hardware emulator for NXP SmartMX3 P71 secure controllers
- USB2.0 based real-time debug probe
- Used with NXP Smart Card Composer IDE to debug application code
- Contact and Contactless card-reader interfacing
- Supports all P71 family devices
- NXP SMD IC device ensures accurate P71 emulation (hardware and software)
Adapter containing ZIF SOIC28 socket for use with INCLA7816USB-CL1/-CL2 or IN-GSM probes. Allows testing of SO28 samples.
Allows testing of HVQFN samples. Used together with INCLA7816USB-CL1/-CL2 or IN-GSM probes.
Allows testing of PCM / PDM samples. Used with INCLA7816USB-CL1/-CL2 or IN-GSM probes.
Accepts standard ISO7816 smartcard format. Used with INCLA7816USB-CL1/-CL2 or IN-GSM probes.
Allows testing of MOB4/6 samples. Used with INCLA7816USB-CL1/-CL2 or IN-GSM probes.
INCLA adapter probe for GSM footprint connection. Connects directly to the 15-pin D-type socket (SmartCard I/F) located on the front-panel of the SmartICE system.
SmartCard Probe Connectors
The IN-CLA7816USB-CL1/-CL2 probes support the following smartcard interfaces:
- ISO7816 contact-based (located on the component side)
- Contactless via and an antenna located on the solder side
– The -CL1 Adapter has a full-sized antenna
– The -CL2 Adapter has a half-sized antenna
- USB interface via a USB type B connector
I/O Splitter Adapter
The INCLA I/O splitter adapter allows measurement of the bi-directional IO pins (x4) between a Card and Reader as unidirectional signals (x8).