This page provides you with useful information and software downloads for the Ashling Opella-XD for ARC and Ultra-XD for ARC debug and trace tools which support Synopsys DesignWare® ARC® Processors.
Please contact our Technical Support team if you need help on Ashling hardware or software tools.
Ashling ARC Tools Overview
Ashling Product Brief APB177 provides a getting started guide, tools overview and shows the recommended target debug (JTAG) connections.
Using Ultra-XD Trace Probe Connector for Synopsys DesignWare Processors with MetaWare Debugger
Ashling Product Brief APB219 provides an introduction to using the Ultra-XD Trace Probe with the Synopsys MetaWare Debugger.
WHITE PAPER on Real-time trace – a better way to debug embedded applications
This joint Ashling and Synopsys whitepaper presents the concept of debugging with ‘real-time trace’ hardware assistance and shows its benefits, including how it can vastly reduce the amount of time needed to track down problems in the code. The paper also introduces the other benefits available with a real-time trace system, such as hot-spot profiling and code coverage.
VIDEO on Debugging with ARC Real-Time Trace
In this video you can watch Tom Pennello, Principal R&D Engineer at Synopsys explain how to use Ultra-XD for Trace Capture, Trace Filtering, Program Profiling and Trace Replay for single and multi-core based systems.
©2015 Synopsys, Inc. All rights reserved.
Opella-XD Debug Probe, v1.2.9, 24-Feb-2022:
- Support for ARC64 64-bit CPU cores
- Single installation package now provided for 32-bit(x86) and 64-bit(x64) Opella-XD software binaries.
- No need to specify target description in gdb (set tdesc command). GDBServer will send the description to GDB internally.
- Updated Windows Visual Studio runtime packages.
Ultra-XD Debug and Trace Probe, v1.1.0, 23-Mar-2022:
- Support for ARC64 64-bit CPU cores.
- Single installation package now provided for 32-bit(x86) and 64-bit(x64) Ultra-XD software binaries. E.g. for Windows we have two directories as follows:
- C:\AshlingUltra-XDforARC\ contains 32-bit(x86) binaries
- C:\AshlingUltra-XDforARC\MDB64\ contains 64-bit(x64) binaries
- To use MDB64, you need to edit the file:
- and ensure:
- This release includes updated v1.1.0 Ultra-XD firmware. Please ensure your Ultra-XD is updated to use this version.
Please fill the form below to request your Download Password
Debug & Trace Probe